Syracuse, New York
Today I thought I’d take a break from weddings to bring you a personal post. Christmas is next week (eeek!) and I feel like we’re finally getting into the holiday spirit around here! I’m done with all my sessions for the year, Caleb just finished his latest house project, and it feels like we have time to relax and enjoy this season.
While we’ve sent out our Christmas cards already, I’ve always loved when families write a Christmas letter. It always made me smile seeing what changes and exciting things had happened over the course of the year. So in that spirit, I’m sharing our most memorable parts of 2018! And don’t forget to stick around to the end and see our Christmas photos!
- We made more time for each other! Caleb stopped working his second job and we now have every weekend together! This has been one of the best changes our family has made!
- We took our first family vacation with just the three of us! We traveled to Caleb’s family camp in New Hampshire and spend a week exploring together. It truly is a magical place for little ones! We can’t wait to introduce it to Abbie next time!
- Elizabeth tried Chick-fil-A for the first time and *GASP* she doesn’t enjoy any of their chicken products! It’s waffle fries only for that one!
- We made new friends!
- We went to the Zoo more times than I can count! (If you’re still looking for Christmas gifts for someone, zoo memberships are worth their weight in gold!)
- Elizabeth started pre-school with Mommy. *Heavy emphasis on the word “started.” Not much has happened with that since Abigail’s arrival. Oh well!*
- I found out what it was like to photograph a wedding while 38 weeks pregnant!
- We welcomed our sweet Abigail Joy to our family! This was the most life-changing moment of the year, for sure! We have so enjoyed getting to know Abbie over the past three months and watch her grow!
- We drove to Georgia and Florida and back with a three year old and a one-month old. Yes, you read that correctly. It was…long, but enjoyable, and the kids did great! Plus they got to see their aunts, uncles, cousins, and great-grandparents!
In short, 2018 was a great year for our family! It wasn’t without its challenges, but those pale in comparison to all the wonderful adventures we had! I can’t wait to see what 2019 brings!
*Many thanks to my friend Kerri Lynne for these wonderful Christmas photos and our friends at Brown Built Rentals for the sofa setup!*